Asociatia "Miros de cer" si profiturile sale de milioane de euro

Message from congresswomen Jan Schakowsky

 


Dear constituents,
As always, I had a great week back in the 9th Congressional District! Not only was I able to host a wonderful Seder dinner for my friends and family, but I also had a fantastic time out and about in our community.
Some highlights include speaking with students at Mosaic School of Fine Arts in Rogers Park and Crystal Lake High School, touring Xylem, the largest employer in Morton Grove, and visiting Clearbrook West, a non-profit organization that supports individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in McHenry County. Following my vote in support of aid for Ukraine, I also had the opportunity to sit down with a Ukrainian American constituent who lost her brother in the war. One of the most rewarding parts of my job is getting to meet so many amazing people doing great work in the 9th District.
I always love hearing from my constituents, and I know a lot of you have contacted my office recently about the status of the Affordable Connectivity Program, so I wanted to provide a brief update. Thanks to President Joe Biden, this crucial program has helped American families gain access to the broadband they need for work, school, health care, and more since 2021, but funding is running out. I recently sent a letter urging House and Senate leadership to act in the immediate future to prevent a lapse in funding that would result in a wind-down of the program. I am also a cosponsor of the bipartisan ACP Extension Act, which would provide an additional $7 billion to ensure that the program remains funded. I will continue fighting because I believe that access to high-quality, essential utilities like internet access is a human right.
Please stay tuned for my latest updates!
Take care, Jan Schakowsky

Comentarii